Welcome! We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
In order to make sure your visit goes smoothly and to maximize your time with your medical provider, here are some suggestions:
1) It might seem obvious, but your child (our patient) must attend the appointment. Likewise, every child must be accompanied by a responsible adult that is familiar with their medical issues.
2) Our initial visits usually last about 40 minutes. Please make sure everyone has had a snack, if they need one, and used the restroom before your appointment time.
3) For cleanliness and safety of our patients with food allergies, no open containers of food or drinks, except for infant bottles, are allowed in the exam rooms.
4) Please bring a completed Health History Questionnaire.
5) We require that every child have an adult who accepts financial responsibility for the services we provide. We need that adult's full name, date of birth, social security number and government issued ID. We promise we will keep this information safe and secure.
6) Please remember your insurance card and co-pay. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and personal check. We would rather not have to send you a bill for your co-pay with an additional fee tacked on.
7) If your insurance requires a referral for specialist services please help us make sure that your primary care doctor has done this for you. If it is required, but is not done prior to your visit, you could get stuck with the whole bill!
8) If you can't make the appointment, please let us know! Our staff needs at least 48 hours to fill that slot so we can get another sick kid in. We really don't like billing families no show fees, but we will if we have to. Same goes if you are more than 10 minutes late.